PJ's rants

A place for me to , yes, rant. A place for me to showcase my photos as well... No, NOT photos of me, photos I took...

Saturday, July 08, 2006

Good Guys finish last?

Hehe, been quite some time since I added a post. Was too busy to even on my computer. Haizzz....

Anyway, I have been wanting to write this post for quite some time. So here goes....

Recently, a female friend commented to me that a guy should not be nice. And she is referring to a guy who is in a relationship. Then she went on to telling me how her friends treated their girlfriends (and they are, of course, nice deeds), and how they got dumbed instead...

This conversation reminds me of another friend, a guy, who used to be the most caring guy that I know. He is very attentive and he makes life easy for the people around him. We used to share the same dreams on building a family (not together, don't get the wrong idea, no gays here), but that has changed for him.

Now he is claiming that he will not wanna marry, and that he has given up on finding the right one. He said that gals nowadays only want material stuff and that they are too blind to see the good stuff that is in the person rather than what is shown outside. And this changed occured not because of a single gal.

It is quite sad to see the change in him. Nowadays, he can be quite mean towards gals and I am not talking about attitude only. I wish for him that he can find a gal that will change him again to his sweet old self.

Now for my nagging question: "what's wrong with being nice?" I am not saying that I am nice but I still do not understand what is so wrong with it. Is it wrong to show concern nowadays, to be there for another person? Does being nice equate to being taken advantage of? If a person is nice, is he supposed to increase his niceness towards his girlfriend as times go by?

We have read a lot about unfaithfulness in the papers recently. And I am not talking about guys being unfaithful. It might even be true that most guys are more concerned about being faithful in this modern era... Now, that should be a piece of good news... but on hindsight, with our thinking getting more liberal... Is it really good news? That's a sad thought...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home