PJ's rants

A place for me to , yes, rant. A place for me to showcase my photos as well... No, NOT photos of me, photos I took...

Monday, November 13, 2006

Weird

Hi.... I am back again.
It has been a long time and I am as usual, too busy to write anything here...

Nevertheless, here i am again... to complain. About what?

I read in the papers recently about this guy asking the authorities to ban the usage of handphones in public transports. He did it through the forum... Apparently, he found that to be a really good idea cause there are many people who talks too loud on the phone and there are people who would prefer to have peace and quiet during the trip.

There is no doubt that people who talks too loud or even show off their phone's capability to blast music are irritating at times, but talking about banning the phone??? I do hope that the rest of the world do not see this as an option to curb the problem.

While the ban would be effective and it would have instantaneous results, it is hardly the right way to do it. What we need is to make these rude commuters realise that they are invading into other peoples' spaces and learn to restrict their enjoyment to themselves. They may want the world to enjoy the news they are sharing with their listeners or they might want to share their love for music with the rest, but they must also realise that one man's meat is another man's poison.

On a more serious mode, the mobile phone can be a useful tool when it comes to emergencies. Imagine the time wasted that could have been used to help save a person suffering from a heart-attack, just because of a lack of coverage by service providers in public transport.

And honestly, I do not want to pay for the devices that are installed to jam signals through an increase of my daily travel expenses.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home